On Wednesday, 15 August 2018, Zurinalaw had the pleasure of attending the inaugural event organised by Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) under its Malaysia Digital Hub banner. Titled ‘Common Legal Issues’, the panel session was organised at WORQ Coworking Space located in TTDI.
In a panel session, Zurinalaw was represented by Izwan Zakaria, our senior associate, who is spearheadeding ‘Startuplaw.my’, the legal startup focused on empowering small businesses and startups on business compliance.
Other ecosystem partners on the panel session were Aloysius Lim representing ShakeUp Online, a legal tech startup backed by ZICO Holdings Inc, BurgieLaw, an online legal platform and Edwin Lee Yong Cieh, cofounder of CanLaw and partner of GLT Law.
During the session, the panelists discussed on the following issues:
- why you need a founders agreement
- when do you need to set up a new company
- how to do an early fundraising – difference types of fundraising options
- how Terms Sheets, Subscription Agreements and Shareholders’ Agreements work
- alternative forms of fundraising such as crowdfunding and peer to peer investments
- employment issues, including critical issues when engaging contractors like copywriters and web designers
- IP issues: do you need to register a trademark
For further information on Zurinalaw, please visit www.zurinalaw.com or contact Siti Zurina Sabarudin at +03-76245215, or e-mail at email@example.com.